Tax Pro Max is the new portal for filing taxes in Nigeria. The Tax Pro Max Portal was introduced by the Nigerian government to digitalize the process of tax filling in the country for proper documentation and easy access by individuals or companies.
The portal which was launched and made available to the public on the 7th of June 2021 for filling all Naira-dominated taxes in Nigeria is fully operational and ever since then, the FIRS has been improving the portal with new developments and updates.
Following the finance act of 2020 which gives the federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) the mandate to make all the services being offered by FIRS automated for tax filing and payment processing in the country, the FIRS has made the Tax Pro Max Portal accessible and easy to use for filling Tax returns for VAT and CIT.
During the migration of the federal inland revenue to the online tax filing platform (Tax Pro Max), there was some pandemonium in the country in regards to the migration of the platform. A lot of individuals were finding it difficult to use the new system to enter their taxes.
This confusion was one of the major reasons why the FIRS was unable to generate adequate tax revenue for June 2021. Some experts criticize the system stating that the FIRS will not be able to generate 50% of the tax that is expected of them in June 2021.
What Is Tax Pro Max?
How To Use Tax Pro Max
How TO Login To Tax Pro Max Portal
Tax Pro Max User Guide (Download)
What Can You Do With Tax Pro Max Portal
- Register, file returns, remit taxes
- Carry out assessments and keep track of tax obligations
- Manage withholding tax deductions
- Manage capital allowance and loss
- Download tax clearance certificate
- Communicate with the FIRS on tax issues, among other things.
What Are The Requirements For Filling Value Added Tax (VAT)
- As a Taxpayer, you’re expected to visit the local office of the Nigerian Federal Inland Revenue Service to have access to your tax update form.
- After doing that, you’ll need to visit Tax Pro Max portal at https://taxpromax.firs.gov.ng to login into your account using your user details. On successful login, you’ll have access to your dashboard.
- make sure you click on taxes due and select the type of tax you’ll want to file.
- Click on “Process” to get started
- Fill in the schedules as required including sales adjustment, exemption, and zero-rated goods and services.
- Click on “Add Record” and then “Proceed”
- The VAT form will load after a user has completed all schedules
- Under “Returning Currency”, select the currency type.
- Insert the Total Sales/Income Exclusive of VAT
- Tick the box for the declaration form
- Confirm all entries before submission
What Is The Requirement For Filling Company Income Tax (CIT)
- Log in to https://taxpromax.firs.gov.ng on your browser
- Click “Taxes Due”
- Under the Action column, click on “Process” and it will take you to Schedules
- The Company Income Tax (CIT) form will be generated and displayed after the completion of all the schedules.
- Select the currency type (i.e. NGN, GBP, USD, CFA, EUR), under “Returning Currency”
- Insert the total revenue amount on the first box of the generated form. This will automatically fill the remaining pre-fill boxes.
- Beneath the generated CIT form, click on “Declaration” to declare that the information is correct and by the relevant Tax Act.
- Select payment options; Full-Payment, 2 installments, 3 installments, or 4 installments, accordingly.
- Click on “Submit”
- On the Company Income Tax Assessment Page, click on Review the CIT assessment
- Click “Proceed to Payment”
- On the CIT Assessment page, upload Audited Account, Tax Computation, Notes to Account, Memorandum, and Articles of Association
- Click on “Submit”
- All documents are to be uploaded in PDF format except Notes to the Account which is in excel format. The size of the files should not be more than 200kb
- Payment Session: On the CIT Payment page, go through the Description items and their corresponding amounts for payment
- Click “Process to Payment”
- On the Payment page, click on “Pay Now”
- Click the ‘Pay’ button.
- The system will automatically generate a Payment Reference code (RR).
- Two payment options will be available, i.e. ‘Pay online’ or ‘Pay at Bank’
- Pay online will automatically connect to the Remita platform by generating the payer’s name, phone number, email, amount, and reference code. You can pay the amount online or at any FIRS designated Bank and click submit.
- Confirm payment and print payment acknowledgment slip.
Things To Expect As A Tax Payer Using Tax Pro Max Portal
As a taxpayer, company, or individual trying to use the Tax Pro Max portal, you might experience some major setbacks and other forms of disappointment trying to use the Tax Pro Max Portal as it is still a work in progress. Most of the glitches you might experience while using the Tax Pro Max platform are temporary and you can always check back and try again.