Manchester United have been relatively quiet in the transfer market so far this summer, but there are still a few deals that could be done before the window closes on September 1.
- Rasmus Hojlund (Atalanta): The Danish midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford, and it is believed that a deal is close to being agreed. Hojlund is a talented young player who could add some creativity to United’s midfield.
- Mason Mount (Chelsea): Mount is another player who has been linked with United, and he would be a more expensive signing than Hojlund. However, he is a proven Premier League player who would be a valuable addition to the squad.
- Andre Onana (Inter Milan): United are also looking for a new goalkeeper, and Onana is a top target. The Cameroonian is a free agent after his contract with Inter Milan expired, and he would be a good replacement for David de Gea.
- Jonny Evans (Leicester City): Evans has been linked with a move away from United, and he could be sold to raise funds for new signings. The Northern Ireland international is a solid defender who would be a good fit for many Premier League clubs.
- Donny van de Beek (Everton): Van de Beek has also been linked with a move away from United, and he could be loaned out to get more regular playing time. The Dutch midfielder has struggled to make an impact at Old Trafford since his arrival in 2020.
- Brandon Williams (Nottingham Forest): Williams is another player who could be loaned out this summer. The young full-back has not been able to break into the United first team, and he would benefit from regular playing time.
These are just some of the transfer rumors that are circulating around Manchester United at the moment. It will be interesting to see how the transfer window pans out, and whether United can make the signings they need to improve their squad.
In addition to the players mentioned above, there are a few other players who have been linked with moves to United. These include Christian Eriksen, Antony, and Lisandro Martinez. However, it is unclear whether any of these deals will be completed.
In general, it has been a quiet transfer window for Manchester United so far. However, there are still a few weeks left in the window, and the club could still make some significant signings.
Fabrizio Romano Man Utd transfer news
According to Fabrizio Romano, Manchester United have confirmed the signing of Brazilian winger Antony from Ajax for €95 million plus €5 million in add-ons. The 22-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the Red Devils, with an option for a further year.
Manchester United transfer news confirmed
Here are the confirmed Man U transfer news today LIVE done deal for the 2023-2024 season:
- Rasmus Hojlund (Atalanta) for £72m
- Mason Mount (Chelsea) for £55m
- Andre Onana (Inter Milan) for £47m
- Jonny Evans (Leicester) on a free transfer
These transfers are all subject to the players passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.
The signings of Hojlund and Mount are seen as major coups for Manchester United, as both players are highly rated young talents.
Hojlund is a versatile midfielder who can play in a number of positions, while Mount is a creative midfielder who is also capable of scoring goals.
Onana is a talented goalkeeper who will provide competition for David de Gea, while Evans is an experienced defender who will add depth to the squad.
These signings are part of Erik ten Hag’s plans to rebuild Manchester United and make them competitive again.
The Dutch manager has said that he wants to build a team that is “young, energetic and hungry”. The signings of Hojlund, Mount and Evans are a step in the right direction towards achieving that goal.